- The Edits
- View All women
- The Edits
- View All men
We are always on the lookout for new ideas on how to layer our clothes when it comes to autumn and winter. Finding ways to guarantee warmth, and leave us looking fresh and cool, without making us look as if we have just thrown on everything we own in a bid to keep the cold out. You might think that getting that sleek autumn and winter silhouette, as well as remaining warm may be difficult but with these simple layering combinations, we believe it's never been easier.
- A collarless jacket and turtleneck go well together when you want to keep the cold away from your neck; tucking in your turtleneck to a pair of high waisted jeans to give of a pleasant slim waist effect.
- A knitted jumper and shirt combo is one that has been around for as long as we can remember; it is a classic layering look and captures the essence of autumn and winter.
- An oversized jumper and off the shoulder jacket, for when you have to battle with the cold from the outside and the warmth from the inside. Simply throwing on your jacket over your shoulders masters a chic and effortless look you may have never tried before.
- A high neck top and cape. The high neck top is a vast favourite come autumn and pairing with a cape; which just screams 'layer me' for a little bit of an added statement.
- The simple scarf and coat combo, which is an obvious solution for days you just know the cold will be upon you and together creates the ultimate layering look for AW16.
'Tis The Season For Layering
the mailing list
Subscribe to our newsletters and don't miss new arrivals, the latest fashion updates and our promotions.
Buy Thackerays gift vouchers online for redeeming in our retail stores
Thackerays is one of the UK's most respected independent designer fashion stores. We offer premium designer menswear and womenswear from the likes of Hugo Boss, Ted Baker, Paul Smith, Vivienne Westwood, Stone Island, Michael Kors and more.