This section should tell you everything you need to know about ordering from us, but if you need help just email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 01604 623679 and we'll do our best to help.
Terms & Conditions
Welcome to the Thackerays website. By accessing this website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Using this website indicates that you accept these terms regardless of whether or not you choose to order from us. If you do not accept these terms, do not use or access this website. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and you should always look through them when accessing this website.
Section One: Ordering from us
To be eligible to purchase items on this website, you must:
- Be over 18, If you are under 18 years of age, you may use this website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
- Be the holder of a valid debit/credit card.
- Warrant that the personal information that you provide is true, accurate and current in all respects.
When you have placed your order and made your payment, you will be shown a page which displays your order number. You are advised to keep this number for your records.
Our acceptance of an order and the completion of the contract between you and us takes place when we dispatch the order, even if your payment has been processed immediately.
We may refuse to accept an order:
- Where goods are not available
- Where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment
- If we identify a product or pricing error
- If your order is flagged as potentially fraudulent
Thackerays reserves the right in its discretion to decline to accept any order and/or to supply Products to any individual or company. If we decline to accept or cancel, an order for which we have received payment, we shall refund the payment, but shall have no further liabilities.
We have taken great care to ensure that the items on our website are presented as accurately as possible. However colour clarity will depend on your own personal monitor and we therefore cannot guarantee that the colour of the actual Item will absolutely match what you view on the website.
Thackerays accepts the following methods of payment: Visa, Visa Delta, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Maestro and American Express, PayPal. We do not accept any other means of payment.
Thackerays accepts orders through this website only — orders cannot be placed by email, post or over the telephone.
Thackerays only accepts payments in British Pounds Sterling.
Section Two: Pricing and Delivery
All prices include VAT (where applicable) at 20%. Prices do not include delivery.
Currently, Thackerays only sells and delivers to the UK.
Our prices are reviewed constantly and are subject to change without notice. Whilst pricing and availability is generally consistent between the website and our retail stores, prices on the website will not necessarily match those in our retail stores, and some products may be available on the website but not in our retail stores, or vice versa.
Please ensure you order from Thackerays with enough lead-time to prevent any loss or disappointment resulting from the delivery time, as Thackerays cannot be responsible for this.
Thackerays shall deliver products ordered by you to a courier or postal service of Thackerays’ choice to the delivery address you have given us. By accepting these terms, you agree irrevocably to appoint and do appoint the courier or postal service to be your agent for taking delivery of the products on your behalf, and delivery to the courier or postal service shall be deemed to be delivery to you.
Your home address with which you register for the website must match the billing address of any payment card you use. Where the addresses do not match, payments may fail.
The courier will require a signature on delivery. If no one is present at the delivery address to sign for the goods, the courier will hold the goods at their premises and await collection from there by you.
If you wish, you may communicate with the courier service and give them instructions to follow if no one is present at the delivery address to sign for the goods, e.g. “leave in garage”. If you should choose to do this, neither us nor the courier shall be liable for any claim for non-delivery of the goods.
Section Three: Cancellation and returns
We hope that you are delighted with your order, however if you are not satisfied with your goods we will happily offer you an exchange or full refund. You will only be able to exercise the right to an exchange or refund if the item(s) are unworn, undamaged and with all the original labels attached and in all the original packaging. If you received a free gift with your order you will need to return the gift at the same time as the item to receive a full refund.
If you wish to cancel your order you can do so before we have dispatched the goods, you can do this by e-mailing email@example.com quoting your name and details of your order. If your email does not reach us before the order has been processed and dispatched, you will have to wait for the order to arrive with you and then follow the normal returns procedure below. If your payment has been processed by the time you cancel your order, we will refund the full amount back onto the card that was used to pay.
To return items that have been delivered please send it back to us within 21 days of receiving your order, with a completed returns form as provided with each item ordered. It is also helpful to include the original delivery note, if you have it. Once the item has arrived and is in the satisfactory condition, we will then process the exchange or refund and inform you.
We can only issue exchanges or refunds on items that are sent back with us within 21 days of delivery.
** Extended Christmas Returns Period**
Items bought for gifts between 21 November and 25 December may be returned up until 7 January 2020.
For your protection and insurance it is recommended when sending an item(s) back you use a “signed for” delivery service, such as Royal Mail Recorded or Special Delivery. We are not liable for any packages lost in the post.
Any item(s) returned which do not comply with the above procedures will be sent back at your cost and will not be accepted for a refund until the conditions have been met.
All items must be returned to our internet trading address and not to any of our stores, in person or otherwise.
It is your responsibility to arrange for the goods you are returning to be sent to us, by courier or otherwise, and it is done at your cost.
A full refund includes the standard delivery charge. Where there are multiple items on one order and only part of the order is being returned, the delivery charge is not refundable.
Funds will only be refunded onto the credit/debit card that was originally used to pay for the goods that are being returned.
For hygiene reasons, underwear, socks (and other hosiery) and jewellery are exempt from the usual returns policy and cannot be returned.
Only the entire product is eligible for return — e.g. in a pack of two items, you cannot return only one item.
Section Four: Faulty Returns
If you believe your goods to have a manufacturing fault, or they arrived damaged or partly missing, please contact us by email as soon as possible on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote your order number from your delivery note if possible.
- Each case of faulty/damaged/missing goods will be handled on an individual basis.
- By agreeing for you to send the goods back to us, we are not accepting the return as faulty, we are simply acknowledging your wish to return the goods.
- If we decide to accept the goods as faulty, we will give a full refund including the original carriage charge, or offer to replace the item(s).
- The decision on whether goods are faulty is down to us entirely.
- Missing or damaged items in your delivery must be reported within 7 days of delivery.
- We are unable to refund more than the original cost of purchase. Any claims for returns postage charges should be made in writing including proof/postage receipt and where allowable will be paid by cheque up to a maximum value of £3.90 (current Royal Mail signed for 2nd class svc).
Section Five: License
This website, its design, and all the text, information and graphic representations or images on it (“Content”), are owned by, or licensed to Thackerays. The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the Content are the sole and exclusive property of Thackerays or its licensors.
- You may view the website on your computer screen and print its contents on your printer for your personal and non-commercial use only. For the avoidance of doubt, anything printed will form part of the content. Without Thackerays written consent, you may not use, transfer, copy or reproduce any part of the Content in whole or in part, in any form by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise, except for the sole purpose of viewing its content. This includes electronic reproduction by uploading or downloading.
- You warrant that it is legal for you to view this site in the jurisdiction to which you are subject. You are responsible for compliance with all laws of that jurisdiction, in viewing or using the Content.
- Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
Section Six: Links
We are not responsible for the content of any off-Website pages or Third party links. If you use these links, you leave this website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control nor are responsible for these websites or their content. If you decide to access any third party website linked to this website, you do so entirely at your own risk, and almost certainly according to their own terms and conditions.
Section Seven: Liability
Thackerays shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the use of any of the information on this website. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that this website is virus free, we recommend that you take precautions against infection. Thackerays cannot accept liability for damaged sustained as a result of the transmission of viruses, worms, trojans or any other malicious content.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials on this website are directed at those accessing the website from the UK. Thackerays makes no representation or warranty that any product, service or information referred to or contained in this website are appropriate for use in other locations or jurisdictions. Those who choose to access this site from other locations or jurisdictions are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws.
Any information acquired by Thackerays through your use of this website will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any associated Statutory Instruments, Codes of Practice and subsequent Acts of Parliament.
Section Eight: Governing Law
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions which shall continue to have full force and effect.
- Only the parties to these terms and conditions may seek to enforce them under the contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
The Thackerays website is operated by Galleries (Fashions) Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at 251-255 Wellingborough Road, Northampton NN1 4EH, United Kingdom
Our company registration number is 1099755, and our VAT registration number is 121 656 784